Friday, October 1, 2010

Remember that time the Steelers Embarrassed the Bucs?

Oh, 3-0 feels pretty sweet...and how the Steelers have been doing it is even sweeter.  The defense is completely dominating the world, and that guy with the million dollar quaff is making every quarterback his bitch.  Personally, I'm on cloud nine talking all kinds of shit to all of the New England fans up here.  It's been three weeks of Christmas that I do not want to end.

Back to the game, it was complete domination.  Truly wasn't even close.  That's not to say I wasn't nervous after Batch's first interception, and after the Steelers punted, and after the Steelers tried that ridiculous double reverse.  However, the 46 yard pass to Mike Wallace for a touchdown alleviated all of my worries.  Watching Wallace report the news to everyone in that stadium really made my day.  That game, however, completely belonged to Charlie Batch.  Chuck was on the verge of being cut, and only an injury to Baby Face saved his job, and the Steelers' 3-0 record.  There is no way in Hell that Baby Face could have led this team to 3-0.  (I know Chuck didn't either, I just hate Baby Face.)  Thank goodness for Chuck because I am pretty sure I was next on the depth chart.  In fact, anyone who could throw a spiral was in the mix to be the Steelers' starting quarterback.  Sorry Bubby Brister, I tried to bring you back.

As a matter of fact, I was so deliriously happy at the end of the game I had a hard time deciding who was going to get the Gaper Award.  That was, until, I read a recap of the game on the ESPN.  This is what the Bucs' starting quarterback, Josh Freeman, had to say after the game,


"That was a good team, and I think we learned a lot from it."  

I agree Josh, you learned how to get your own ass handed to you.  Professor Omar Epps Tomlin will be holding sessions all season long if you are interested.  Freeman went on to say,


"They dominated us on the scoreboard, but at the same time I feel like our team's mentality walking away is that we could've played with those guys."    

Play what, exactly?  Certainly not football, because the result of that contest is obvious...38-13.  That's with the bullshit rushing touchdown at the end of the game.  Otherwise the score would have been 38-6.  Your team might be able to play a lot of things with the Steelers; checkers, pogs, double dutch...but one thing the Buccaneers cannot play with the Steelers is football.  Obvious fact, moron.

 Congratulations idiot.

The best play of the game for me wasn't Kiesel's return for a touchdown, which was AMAZING on it's own right.  I'm a big fan of the Diesel, and envy his mountain man beard.  No, my favorite play was when Polamalu  did his version of a LaVar Leap over top of the Buccaneers' offensive line on the goal line.  Would you like to compare the two?  Me too!

The Original LaVar Leap
Oh my God, what a play.

Now the Polamalu Plummet
You can't coach that.

What a coincidence that these plays are so similar, and they both have someone who played at Penn State involved.  

I wish Cleveland could jump...off of a bridge.

1 comment: