Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Remember that time the Steelers embarrassed the Browns?

My only serious criticism of the Steelers was that it wasn't more of a blow out.  To me Cleveland is just not a divisional opponent, but the scum of the Earth.  I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.  With that in mind, there are three games that I really look forward to watching each year.


1.  Browns at Steelers
2.  Steelers at Browns
3.  Steelers in the Super bowl.


Incidentally, Cleveland's version of the Super bowl is beating the Steelers.  You people are pathetic.


Anyway, the game went exactly as I had expected with the exception of the final score.  I guess I do have a criticism for Lawrence Timmons.  Come on guy, you can't leave a man open in the endzone.  I'm not saying the Browns would not have scored otherwise, but that was a gift wrapped touchdown to a group of bottom feeders who where just happy to have made it to the endzone.


There were two major story lines in Sunday's game.  First, it's good to have Ben back and not raping girls.  I was concerned with the game that Arians was going to call with Ben back under center, but it turns out he called more running plays than passing.  Roethlisberger and Mendenhall were dead even in attempts; Ben passed 27 times and Mendenhall had 27 rushes, but Redman had 6 and Moore had 1.  I'm sure some of this was due to it being Ben's first game back so I expect that those numbers are going to skew to Ben's favor in the next couple of weeks.  Even so, Ben looked solid throwing for three touchdowns.  However, you could definitely tell he was rusty based on some poor throws that he made.  His only interception of the day was a good example where he simply threw behind Wallace and Hayden came away with the easy pick.  On the plus side though Ben was not sacked at all on Sunday.  The line has definitely improved over the past years and Pouncey in key.


The second story line in the game is that the linebackers killed everything in sight.  Specifically, Harrison decimated half of the Browns' starting wide receiver line up.  Before I get into that I would like to point out the emergence of another elite linebacker, Lawrence Timmons.  Even though I just gave him a scalding remark that I'm sure he will think about for the next couple of days, he really has finally come on this year.  I thought last year was going to be his breakout season, but apparently he just wanted to stick it to me.  Consider these stats:


1.  Timmons leads the Steelers in tackles with 59.  
    (Nineteen more than second place James Harrison.)
2.  Timmons is tied for second in sacks at three.  
    (1.5 behind James Harrison.)
3.  Timmons is tied for second in interceptions at one.  
    (One behind Troy Polamalu.)


I'll go out on a limb here and say that Timmons makes the Pro Bowl this year.  Quite an accomplishment considering he is competing with Woodley, Harrison, and Farrior.


Now to Harrison.  If there is one person I would not want to meet in a dark alley while I hold a football, it's easily James Harrison.  I would love to have seen James Harrison square off with Joe Greene.  Who wins that  matchup?  It's like Chuck Norris fighting Jesus.  (Impossible...Jesus is Chuck Norris.)  Seriously, Harrison is easily the most intimidating player in the NFL, and he proved why when he bitch slapped Cribbs right off of the field, and literally killed Massaquoi two plays later.  I didn't find either hit illegal, and apparently the refs didn't either.  However, I went to the Cleveland Plain Dealer's website to see what Bottom Feeding fans had to say and found this nugget of ineptitude:


Joe1970KnowsFootball:
Harrision should not only have recieved a 15 yard penalty, he should have also been ejected out of the game. He was clearly sent out to physically injure players that could impact the game in the Browns favor. After all Cribbs was the one that beat them last winter. Looks like not only did they get their payback against Cribbs and the Browns but the digusting excuses of officials were clearly all on board with it.
Not only should Harrison now be fined and suspended - the officals tending that game should also face disciplinary action for those two no call fouls and several other holding and pass interference no calls they also turned a blind eye to during the game.


First of all, I would like to point out that if you are posting this bullshit trash, Joe1970KnowsFootball, then in fact, you do not KnowsFootball.  Sent out to injure players that could impact the game in the Browns(') favor?  Would that not be every player on their roster?  Did Harrison go out there with a knife and stab every single Browns' player?  Then injuring people probably wasn't his goal.  I enjoy you ending your pathetic rant with the typical sackless diatribe about missed calls.  I agree with you Joe1970KnowsFootball, there is a vast conspiracy with the singular intention of keeping the Cleveland Browns down.  Wait, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Sack up and admit that you're making excuses for the typical Browns' play and admit that maybe you don't KnowsFootball.  Assclown.

This guy just pissed me off.  I'll give out the Gaper Award later this week.

Joe1970KnowsChodeDevouring is a more apt name.

No comments:

Post a Comment