Friday, October 9, 2009

Steelers hold on against Chargers

I've kind have been avoiding writing this for awhile because I couldn't find anyone to give the coveted McNulty award to. I was considering giving it to the ENTIRE defense for yet another fourth quarter meltdown, but decided to ease up on the boys. With the probable return of Polamalu I'll go easy on them. Everyone on the Chargers kept their damn mouths shut, so I couldn't give it to any of them. Then, the Cleveland Browns gift wrapped one for me. BUT, I'll recap the game first.

DAMN, the "less-offensive" line looked good against San Diego. Also, how about the play of Rashard Mendenhall? Anyone who watches the games with me knows that I've been pulling for more playing time for him all season. Let RM start and this is what happens, 29 rushes for 165 yards and two touchdowns. He led the league in rushing last week. Expect to see a similar result this week as Parker is in no hurry to get his ass back on the field. I believe I called out this scenario with the very first post of this blog. Parker better realize soon that while he has been the starting runningback in Pittsburgh for the last couple of years, if Mendenhall continues playing at the level his is, Parker is GONE.

By the way, I wrote that entire last bit while listening to this:



Now, I would like to thank the Cleveland Browns for giving me someone to give the coveted Big Gaper award to this week. This week Browns "star" wide receiver Braylon Edwards was in the news for being investigated for punching out some club owner. This owner just happens to be a close, personal friend of LeBron James. You can probably guess then, that Edwards was in deep shit. Well, the "city" of Cleveland did Edwards a HUGE favor by trading him to the New York Jets. If I were Edwards, I would have punched out everyone in the "city" a long time ago just to see where it got me. Edwards does not get the McNulty Award though. I am giving that award to the cesspool currently known as Cleveland.
Cleveland Sucks.

Braylon Edwards, good luck with your career because only now do you have one.

As a final aside I would like to point out that StillerJack is freaking dominating with his picks this year. He didn't get his picks in on time for week one, but since week two he is 33-13. This not even two-year-old knows his shit. Impressive.

Larry Foote regrets being born this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment